The growth engines of Evonik provide four broad areas of focus:
- Health & Care
- Smart Materials
- Animal Nutrition
- Specialty Additives
Companies with solutions to problems that address these four growth engines and/or enhance the digital transformation, are of relevance. In addition our deal flow sourcing also supports the six growth fields of Evonik.
- a clear growth strategy
- a highly motivated, focused management team
- a clear, distinctive selling point
- a secure IP position
With EUR 250 million under management, we generally maintain a minority share and are able to invest up to EUR 15 million per company
- in early-stage companies with an established proof of concept, typically in series A & B rounds
- in later-stage companies looking to accelerate growth
- typically in syndication with other venture capital investors
Successfully implementing a growth strategy requires more than just money. Evonik as one of the world’s leading providers of specialty chemicals brings additional strategic capabilities to the partnership.
- Technological expertise and infrastructure
- Market experience and access
- A global distribution network
- Expertise in patent strategies and on issues of industrial property rights
We invest globally with a focus on Europe, North America and Asia.